Eglise d’Eaux-Puiseaux



Labels


    Notice: Trying to get property 'label' of non-object in /home/pota6871/public_html/wp-content/themes/office-tourisme/content-fiche.php on line 627

Services

  • Non-guided tour
  • Guided tours

Tarifs

  • Free

The Church of Eaux-Puiseaux was built between 1853 and 1864 on the Trots hill, between Eaux and Puiseaux, facing north. This church is very refined which produces in the visitor a striking aspect of grandeur. Two chapels are on each side of the choir: one is dedicated to the Virgin and the other to Saint Nicolas, which has housed two remarkable statues of the “Sainterie” Vendeuvre nineteenth century (Saint Vincent and Saint Nicolas). The contemporary stained glass windows were made between 2014-2015 by Flavie Vincent-Petit, master glassmaker in Troyes, to replace those that had been destroyed during the storm of 1999. They address the theme of the origin of the World. The goal of the artist was to retranscribe the image of Pays d’Othe and Eaux-Puiseaux to make it a collaborative work. The concept was to involve the local population in the project. The inhabitants were able to participate by bringing photos and objects. In the choir, the five bays tell the creation of the cosmos. In the transept, is the bay of Adam and Eve and just opposite, the bay of the Word (the word of God). In the nave, we find the creation of animals and plants, fauna and flora of Eaux-Puiseaux and Aube harvested by the inhabitants and thus interpreted by the artist. Plants of the forest, orchard, vegetable garden, medicinal plants, fields (cereals …). Videos can be consulted from the Town Hall website at the following addresses: http://eauxpuiseaux.unblog.fr/2016/04/17/voyage-au-coeur-du-projet/ http://eauxpuiseaux.unblog.fr/ 2016/04/17 / visit-guide-of-the-stained-glass windows / A commented visit of the church is possible by a people of the cillage, for that you just have to send your request by mail to mairie.eaux-puiseaux@orange. fr or by phone at 03 25 42 18 70 – 06 07 06 78 38 – 03 25 81 43 36 – 06 29 73 7 68 – 06 22 13 69 59 A free visit is also possible thanks to the documents which are in the church .